Beautiful Argentina is quite a demanded destination for private flights. If one day you plan a trip to Latin America and your route includes Argentina with its neighboring countries, keep in mind that it is very preferable to fix your flight schedule at least 1 week before the departure date - to have everything arranged on time.
Buenos-Aires, one of the world`s most populous cities and the birthplace of tango, is served by 4 main airports:
- Ministro Pistarini International Airport, better known as Ezeiza International Airport, SAEZ;
- Jorge Newbery Airfield, or Aeroparque Jorge Newbery Airport, SABE (the only airport in Argentina that incurs a prior permission (PPR) for private jet landing);
- San Fernando International Airport, SADF (private jets with maximal takeoff weight of 30 tonnes are admitted);
- El Palomar Airport, SADP.
Among other popular avia destinations there are:
- Córdoba, the second most populous province of the country (Cordoba International Airport - SACO);
- Mendoza, Argentina`s wine province (Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport - SAME);
- Ushuaia, the southernmost city of the world (often called the "End of the World), located on the Tierra del Fuego archipelago
- Puerto Iguazú, gateway city to Iguazú Falls with hundreds of magnificent cascades in Iguazú National Park (Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport - SARI);
- Neuquén, San Carlos de Bariloche and Comodoro Rivadavia representing the amazing Patagonia region (Presidente Perón International Airport - SAZN, San Carlos de Bariloche Airport - SAZS, General Enrique Mosconi International Airport -SAVC);
- San Miguel de Tucuman, the largest city in the Northwest region of the country (Teniente General Benjamín Matienzo International Airport - SANT);
- Mar del Plata, a resort city in Buenos Aires Province located on the Atlantic coast (Ástor Piazzolla International Airport - SAZM).
Any landing in Argentina won`t be considered as a technical stop, thus all the due procedures, including customs and immigration clearance are to be followed.
Entry controls usually take 3 minutes per person, whilst the luggage is taken from the aircraft to be scanned and checked.
The handling operator will then accompany the passengers and the crew back to the jet.
Passengers, for whom a visa is required, are to arrange it in advance as it cannot be issued upon arrival.
Apart from business, the suggested occasions for a visit are:
- The polo season (between September and December) and the Argentine Open Polo Tournament which takes place in November-December;
- February`s Fiesta Nacional de la Vendimia - the National Grape Harvest Festival;
- April`s International Art Festival - ArteBA;
- Pigeon hunting. Hunters from around the globe come to Argentina at any time of the year, as this activity is extremely popular here and is held either in hunting grounds (from July to March) or in the mountains (from March to July).